Sunday, October 26, 2008

West Jones Ave.

I was going through some old pictures tonight and found one of Mike's beloved old house...he likes to refer to it as West Jones...

Last December, we went to Savannah for the weekend and along the way stopped in Stateboro to visit Mike's old stomping ground. Well, this trip would not have been complete without a visit to "West Jones." I had heard so much about this house and my expectations were extremely high. When I realized we were about to be "in the hood," I started thinking this might not be a great idea...well, when we turned onto West Jones, Mike just started laughing, and I immediately locked the doors. He slowed down in front of this "house" (I certainly wouldn't call it a home), and I unlocked my door so I could get out and look around. He quickly tells me to be careful and not walk too far. This place, or should I say neighborhood was entirely shady. I couldn't not check the place out, but Mike would only let me walk near the mailbox. Mike is pretty sure the furniture that is on the porch was some of the same furniture he had in the house...now, keep in mind, it has been at least 10 year since Mike lived on West Jones Ave. I'll quit rambling, as the picture speaks for itself...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Very sketchy, indeed! Don't you wish y'all could live there now? Forget being a fan of Paula Deen, you'd have to channel Martha Stewart to handle this situation!!

Mercer said...

It would take an extreme home makeover to fix this gem...